Thursday, September 11, 2008

English Post

I initially chose to study Japanese in high school because I was fascinated by the language itself. For most people, I think, the cultural aspect is what's most absorbing, but for me the language came first--not to say I'm not interested in the culture too, but that developed as more of a appanage.
Though I've taken a fair amount of Japanese, I have the tendency to push languages to side in pursuit of other studies (I'm trying to be honest), but I can say honestly that I don't want to do that anymore. I want to one day become fluent in Japanese, and I am vowing to myself--and now anyone reading this--that I will work hard and improve in this class.

5 comments:

julia said...

Cool, keep at it! You can do it!

Erich said...

Perseverance and dedication will get you there!
Let me know if I can help.

-E

wayne wagner said...

Yes, sometimes it is easy to prioritize other subjects, but our Japanese class seems very interesting, so I'm sure you'll do a great job of keeping up with it. Good luck with the studies.

??? said...

I feel like I found a comrade-in-arms.

Stacy said...

I know what you mean about language classes. It's hard not to leave the work to the last minute when you have a zillion other things to do. I try to do my language homework first every day, before I get tired, when I'm more likely to give it the time it deserves.